Los Angeles Review of Books, book reviewer
“Grown-up Desires” a review of Andrea Jarrell’s I’m the One Who Got Away.
In I’m the One Who Got Away, Jarrell has composed a collage of the people she used to be, to create a portrait of the woman she is — self-aware and unafraid.
“Mother’s Milk” a review of Janet Benton’s Lilli de Jong.
In detailing the suffering of these women, Benton reminds us that they don’t exist in just the past. Unfortunately, this mindset continues today. Victims are blamed for their situations. There was more than one woman at the Women’s March carrying a sign reading: “I can’t believe I’m still protesting this shit.”
Philadelphia City Paper’s “Get Lit” blog, contributing writer covering Philadelphia authors, books, and literary events.
Unfortunately all City Paper archives were removed from the Internet.
- The real deal with pregnancy – 5/15/15
- Philly — ‘ A city that might yet be kind to you’ – 5/22/15
- What we choose for a bookish new mom who has read ‘everything’ – 5/29/15
- Author Elise Juska on ‘The Blessing’ of Northeast Philadelphia – 6/05/15
- ‘Adventures in Wonderland’ at the Central Library’s Rare Book Department – 6/12/15
- The inspiration behind Rachel Pastan’s ‘Alena’ – 6/19/15
- A feast for fiction lovers – 6/26/15
- The UK’s funniest feminist comes to Philadelphia – 7/08/15
- ‘Finding Hollis,’ finding readers – 9/04/2015
Literary Mama.com, contributing book reviewer
- What You Are Enjoying Now: Stories by Sarah Gerkensmeyer, May 2013
- Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch, January 2012;
- Chosen by Chandra Hoffman, Fall 2010
Philly Word of Mouth Blog, creator
- Philly Word of Mouth: Author Readings and Events in the Philadelphia Area, Blog, April 2009 – April 2011)